The final responsibility for the health and safety policy is that of the Directors of the Company.
Day-to-day responsibility for ensuring the policy is put into practice is delegated to Health & Safety Advisor.
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health through compliance will all appropriate health and safety legislation.
- To promote an effective health and safety policy implementation through staff awareness by having it as an agenda item at each Board Meeting.
- To consult with employees on day-to-day health and safety conditions and provide advice and action if necessary on such issues.
- To implement emergency procedures in the event of fire or other significant incident.
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions, maintain plant, equipment and machinery and ensure safe storage and use of substances.
- To maintain a Health and Safety incident record of “near misses” as well as other incidents to ensure continued improvement of the health and safety record. This is available as an online record.
A Health and Safety law poster is displayed in the main office.
A First Aid box in located in the cupboard above the sink in the kitchen.
This policy is subject to annual review and revision by the Board, or sooner if work activity changes.